Breville Infuser Espresso Machine
Just like a Cadillac, bring your own grinder…
The Breville is designed for the consumer. The ultimate consumer. The informed consumer.
Espresso making is notorious for being both an art and a science, requiring you to carefully adjust each of the inputs (grind size, grind amount, etc.). But even complete beginners and aspiring baristas can pull a perfect shot from the Breville Barista Express.
For beginners, it comes with pressurized portafilters that regulate pressure and help optimize the extraction.
For more experienced baristas, it single-wall, non-pressurized portafilters that give you more room to experiment with different grind sizes, grind amounts, and tamping pressure.
As either a crash-course or a continuation study, the Barista Express gives you free rein to explore the art of espresso, without suffering some horrible pre-mastery period of mediocre espresso, and without suffering some horrible realization that you’ve outgrown the machine as your talent and experience have developed.
- Espresso pressure gauge – allows you to monitors espresso extraction pressure
- Auto purge function – if you know what this is, then you know you’ll love this
- Clean me light when cleaning cycle required. Cleaning kit included!
- The dry puck feature – removes excess water from spent grounds for easy disposal
- Dedicated instant hot water spout – warm the cup and make americanos – or tea or hot choclolate
- Pressurized portafilter baskets for beginners and learning
- Commercial grade portafilter baskets for advanced espresso mastery
- 54mm tamper
- Hands-free grinding cradle
- 54mm stainless steel portafilter
- 61 oz. removable water tank
- Volume control – 1 and 2 cup presets, manual override, and reprogrammable settings
- Removable drip tray
Is the Breville Infuser Right For You?
No room for dilettantes or half in half out wishy washiness here. So you really want the best results? You’re willing to invest the time and effort into learning how to achieve them? You don’t mind the chance of an expensive machine breaking and requiring expensive repairs or replacement? Great!
Generally, the Breville is considered the Cadillac of home espresso machines. You want the best, you don’t want to think too much about it, just get the Coupe de Ville with all the options. Easy Peasy.
The two breville machines are more or less equivalent, with the Bariata infuser not having a built in dosing grinder.
If you already have a grinder, or you want a great grinder for both espresso and regular coffee, then this is the machine for you.
If you don’t have a grinder, or don’t need a grinder except for espresso, then consider the Breville Barista Express, as the built in grinder enhances freshness with single serving grinding.