The Greenworks 25312 is the BEST VALUE in a cordless mower
Expensive… but the 25312 GMAX 40V is worth the price
It’s not often that one of the most expensive products is the best value in it’s class, but Greenworks has done the seemingly impossible.
They deliver the 19″ 3-in-1 mower complete with two batteries, so you can mow with one while the other charges.
But the real value starts to build when you add on some of the Greenworks TOOL ONLY Gmax 40v tools. 3, 4 our 5 tools all using the same battery set, and you really start get some synergy.
Add a trimmer, a blower, and a hedge trimmer, and all of a sudden you have a whole army of tools at a price well below the cost of gas powered equivalents, with none of the maintenance headaches.
I was leery of the battery life… not in minutes, but in years. But even if I have to replace a battery after a few years, at $80 it’s a lot cheaper than taking a fleet of cantankerous two stroke gas engines in for a tune up.
If you’re used to a gas mower, it’ll seem wheezy and under powered. But it’s not really! first, it’s quiet because you only hear the blades and electric motor, not the old BWAAAHHHRRRRR of the Briggs and Stratton gas engine. Second, it cleverly only delivers the power it needs for the load you are putting on it. Cut light dry grass, it barely makes any effort. Get into some heavier stuff, and it ups the power automatically. Just like the governor on the old mower, but cooler and more high tech.
As a lifetime mechanic, I don’t WANT to like an electric mower. But i just can’t help myself. This thing is really cool and surprisingly, it gets the job done.
- High Performance G-MAX 40V Lithium-Ion Battery delivers fade-free power with no memory loss after charging, Compatible Only with GW G-MAX Battery, Model 29462 and 29472
- Includes TWO 4AH batteries. Use one while charging the other.
- Robust 19″ steel cutting deck for faster more efficient results and highest performance when mulching and rear bagging
- 6-position height adjustment feature offers cutting height range from 1 1/4″ to 3 1/8″ for the best cut in all environments
- 3-in-1 feature offers versatile options with rear bagging, mulching and side discharge capabilities for multiple use
- SLarge 8″ rear wheels and 7″ front wheels for easy control and maneuvering
Should I buy?
All parties surprisingly agree on the Greenworks GMAX line. It’s not just a product, it’s part of great SET of tools all sharing a common battery and charger.
Its hard to find negatives other than that the GMAX 40v products take different batteries than the prior 40V tools. But not to worry, if you’re already invested in the old 40v Greenworks tools, just match them with the right model mower or other tools and you’re still in business. The old 40v tools still work great, they just take longer to charge.