- Air Compressors
- Air Ratchets and Impact Drivers
- Lawn Mowers
- Other Stuff
- Mandatory Toolbox Warning Decals
- OtterBox Defender Series iPhone 6 Plus Case
- Armorbox Dual Layer Rugged Impact Resistant Case
- Spigen Ultra-Thin iPhone 6 Plus Case
- Spigen Logo Shield iPhone 6 Plus Case Slim SGP10889
- UMECORE Premium Shockproof Hybrid Clear Soft Case for iPhone
- Griffin Reveal Clear Protective Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- iCarez iPhone 6 Tempered Glass Anti-Scratch Screen Protector
- Coffee Grinder Buyers Guide
- KRUPS F203 Spice and Coffee Grinder
- Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill
- Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
- Capresso 560.01 Infinity Black Conical Burr Grinder
- Capresso 565.05 Infinity Stainless Steel Conical Burr Grinder
- Baratza Vario 886 Flat Ceramic Burr Coffee Grinder
- Espresso and Capuccino Machine Buyers Guide
- Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker with Aeroccino Plus Milk Frother
- DeLonghi EC155 Pump Espresso Machine
- Philips Saeco HD8327/47 Poemia Top Espresso Machine
- Saeco HD8325/47 Poemia Class Manual Espresso Machine
- © 2012 - TrustedToolAdvisor.com
Category Archives: 3/8″ Air Impact Wrenches
3/8 inch air hoses often offer savings for auto mechanic garages and construction sites and this gives the opportunity for tool manufactures to expand their range of tools to be compatible with these air hoses. Ingersoll-Rand are a strong player in the air powered pneumatic took market and dominate the market for the middle and high end 3/8 inch tools. Their Hammerhead Impact tool has clever technology built in to reduce noise and vibration while it suffers slightly on weight and overall size.
The IR 2115 TiMAX is a great product for those in the auto mechanic industry as it is small, lightweight and durable whilst providing large power output and high impact speed. However, it is a fairly pricey tool. The Ingersoll-Rand 212 is the budget 3/8 inch torque wrench which offers the user the quality and the brand name of a trusted company but at a lower price. The Porter-Cable PT382 is a good tool for the light user as it is at the lower end for impact speed and operating torque.
Every tool has the perfect owner and every owner has a perfect tool. The four air powered 3/8 inch hose connection tools reviewed each have a different application for a defined task.
The Best 3/8 inch Air Powered Torque Wrenchs
Heavy Duty 3/8 inch air torque wrench: Ingersoll-Rand Hammerhead Impactool
Best Power to weight ratio 3/8 inch air torque wrench: Ingersoll-Rand 2115TiMAX
Middle Range 3/8 inch air torque wrench: Ingersoll-Rand IRT212
Light Weight Domestic 3/8 inch air torque wrench: Porter-Cable PT382
Ingersoll-Rand 2115TiMAX Summary
Best power-to-weight ratio for a 3/8 inch air powered driver
The Ingersoll-Rand 2115TiMAX is an air powered ratchet from IR’s Impactool range that is a small but highly powerful machine. Weighing just 2.5lbs, this is the lightest of the 3/8 inch air powered range and standing at 6 inches is also one of the smallest. However, the 2115TiMax is fully capable of producing 230 lbs/ft of torque with a operating torque range of 25 – 230 lbs/ft. The tool mechanism is a twin hammer design that makes use of advance metal engineering and technology to ensure that the product has maximum strength and durability. The motor control is provided with a four position regulator to ensure that the user also deliver the correct amount of power required for the job.
Ingersoll-Rand 2115TiMAX Specifications
- Best power to weight ratio in class
- Weight: 2.5 lbs, Size: 6 inches
- High reliability and low failure rate
- Ergonomic design for ease of use
- Offers 1,500 impacts per minute
The Maximum Conclusion for the 2115 Ti MAX
This tool is priced in the middle of its range but delivers the most operating torque and power as well as being the lightest in the range of 3/8 inch air pressure powered tools. The Ingersoll-Rand 2115TiMAXs impressive design allows for consistent and steady use and allows the user to feel comfortable when holding and operating the tool. The manufacturing techniques that were applied ensure that the tool will last for multi-thousands of operations without failure. This tool is recommended for an every day user that is looking for a tool that will deliver high power for a small and lightweight device. The power and durability of the 2115TiMAX make this a very good product for the price.
Ingersoll-Rand 3/8 inch Hammerhead Impactool Summary
Power of a torque wrench, Size of a ratchet
The Ingersoll Rand 3/8in Hammerhead Impactool is the ultimate tool to many people in the construction industry. It offers the user almost twice the power of other ratchets that are a similar size (180 lbs/ft) giving the Ingersoll Rand Hammerhead the feel of an impact wrench whilst being the weight and size of a ratchet at just 3.4lbs and 13 inches. This allows the user to have maximum power from their tools even when working in enclosed areas. The tool is controlled by a variable feather touch trigger which can be set to two power settings as well as a reverse motion giving the operator full control. The Hammerhead delivers 2,100 impacts per minute on load making it by far the most powerful 3/8 inch air powered ratchet driver on the market.
5 Facts on the Ingersoll-Rand Hammerhead Impactool
- Air powered tool delivering 2,100 impact per minute
- Weight: 3.5lbs, Size: 13.7in
- Feather-touch trigger offers maximum control
- Head span of 2in. and safe to use in tight spaces
- Large power/weight output
The Hammerhead Conclusion
The Ingersoll Rand Hammerhead Impactool is a high end product from the range of 3/8 inch hose ratchet and the prize also reflects that. The product delivers amazing power from a tool that is so small and is therefore a great addition to all tool boxes. This tool is more suited to those that require high power in small spaces such as auto mechanics and plumbers. Offering over double the torque of other ratchets of the same size puts the Ingersoll-Rand Hammerhead Impactool at the top of the 3/8 inch air hose list for overall performance and usability.