- Air Compressors
- Air Ratchets and Impact Drivers
- Lawn Mowers
- Other Stuff
- Mandatory Toolbox Warning Decals
- OtterBox Defender Series iPhone 6 Plus Case
- Armorbox Dual Layer Rugged Impact Resistant Case
- Spigen Ultra-Thin iPhone 6 Plus Case
- Spigen Logo Shield iPhone 6 Plus Case Slim SGP10889
- UMECORE Premium Shockproof Hybrid Clear Soft Case for iPhone
- Griffin Reveal Clear Protective Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- iCarez iPhone 6 Tempered Glass Anti-Scratch Screen Protector
- Coffee Grinder Buyers Guide
- KRUPS F203 Spice and Coffee Grinder
- Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill
- Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
- Capresso 560.01 Infinity Black Conical Burr Grinder
- Capresso 565.05 Infinity Stainless Steel Conical Burr Grinder
- Baratza Vario 886 Flat Ceramic Burr Coffee Grinder
- Espresso and Capuccino Machine Buyers Guide
- Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker with Aeroccino Plus Milk Frother
- DeLonghi EC155 Pump Espresso Machine
- Philips Saeco HD8327/47 Poemia Top Espresso Machine
- Saeco HD8325/47 Poemia Class Manual Espresso Machine
- © 2012 - TrustedToolAdvisor.com
Category Archives: Cordless Impact Drivers
Without doubt, the most exciting category of wrench driver at the moment are those that are powered from electric motors with out the need for cords and cables. The huge recent advancements in battery technology has meant that the cordless driver that used to be a tool that was laughed at, is now starting to be taken seriously by professionals in the construction and auto-mechanic industry.
For the users, this is great news. Cordless electric drivers require almost zero set up time and the lack of a cable or air pressure hose mean that they can be used anywhere and everywhere. The cordless models are currently slightly down on power than electric drivers that have a cord plugged into the mains however, they have reached a maximum torque output that is more than capable of performing most jobs that you throw at them.
We will now reveal the three best tools for different user requirements.
The Best for Daily Use
There is competition for the best daily use model between the Makita 253 and the Milwaukee 0779-22 of which both tools are similarly specified. The Makita is a 3/8 inch socket connection whilst the Milwaukee is a 1/2 inch tool that costs 20% more. We advise that unless you specifically require a 1/2 inch tool, you will be better off all around with the Makita 253.
The Best Budget Model
The best budget model goes to the DeWalt DC821KA which is priced at a competitive $248. The DeWalt does not lack in power for the money savings and will be able to get the job done performing as well as the more expensive tools in the market. The high quality of DeWalt’s manufacturing will ensure that it is worksite toughened and ready for action.
The Best for Light Use
The best cordless driver for light use is the Bosch 22612. It has a low power output in terms of maximum torque, however, what it lacks in power it makes up for in absolute head speed where this tool runs away with the fastest title. It is good for low impact jobs and therefore puts it in the category of light use.
Milwaukee MLW2663-22 Summary
Pound for foot-pound of torque the best in the cordless
The Milwaukee 2663-22 deliver pound for foot-pound the highest torque available in an electric cordless device for the money it costs. It delivers a massive 450 foot-pounds of torque which is enough to comfortably see you through any job where you require a high power yet portable machine. This tool is so powerful that it even beats some of the air powered devices which are traditionally thought to be unbeatable in terms of power.
The 2663-22 is ideal for mechanical, automotive, and industrial jobs. It is powered by the Milwaukee M18, 18-Volt lithium-ion battery which is able to spin the head at just below 2,000 RPM. The connector plug is a 1/2-Inch. Milwaukee have also installed an innovative friction ring that provides industry-leading power in a small size. The weight of the 2663-22 is 6.7 pounds and it stands 9 inches tool making is a middle size cordless tool but also gives it excellent power to weight ratio. It’s practical for use for a range of applications from tightening and loosening nuts and bolts to completing general construction and maintenance jobs.
Milwaukee MLW2663-22 Specifications
- Milwaukee-designed impact mechanism
- Most powerful cordless electric delivering 450 foot-pounds of torque
- Compact size and weight reduces user fatigue
- Overload protection prevents damage to the tool and battery in abusive situations
- Friction ring allows quick, easy socket changes to increase productivity
The Conclusion for the Milwaukee 2663-22
There is no doubt that this tool can cut the mustard in the cordless electric market. It is certainly the most powerful tool available that requires no wires or air compressor connection. The head speed is also fast and the body of the tool is fairly light and small in stature. It has been proven in automobile garages to have enough power to easily remove wheels without requiring the operator to lug around a huge great big air compressor tool.
The Lithium-Ion battery is at the cutting edge of electrical storage and battery technology and will ensure that it lasts the distance. Converting from your old cordless to this is an easy step to make as you will instantly benefit from added power and torque.
The features of the MW2663-22 are however limited when compared against the big brother in the Milwaukee range. The 0779-22 is a tool that offer less torque but greater features and functionality including a more durable drive system.
Makita MAKWT01W Summary
Makita quality with a budget price tag
The Makita designed and built WTo1W is the baby brother in the Makita cordless electric driver tool range. It is built to the same high quality standards that we have come to expect from Makita. The power source is a single 12 volt lithium-ion battery which is the best type of battery around currently. This battery can produce a torque of 74 foot-pounds in this product. This power is achieved at a maxmimum head speed of 2,400 RPM and whilst delivering 3,200 Impacts per minute.
The WT01W is one of the lightest electric drivers in its class at a weight of just 2.2 pounds. It also include Makita’s handy LED work area illuminator which allows for the tool to be used tight spaces whilst giving full sight of what the operator is doing.
Makita MAKWT01W Specifications
- 74 foot-pounds of Maximum Torque in an ultra compact size
- Variable speed of 0 – 2,300 RPM for a wide range of fastening applications
- Ultra compact design at only 6-3/8″ long
- Weighs only 2.1 lbs. for reduced operator fatigue
- Built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the work area
- Makita built with the highest quality steel and heat hardened to last longer
The General Consensus on the Makita WT01W
This product should be judge on its price range and class. It will not change the world and is not an all rounder for every day use. It will however be extremely reliable and get most jobs done with limited fuss or hassle. The 74 foot-pounds of torque is not massive but enough for most drilling and screwing jobs around the house the connection is a 3/4 inch male socket so will fit on to existing attachments.
If you are looking for a good all round tool that will be capable of delivering that little bit extra, the big brother is the one to go for. Makita’s BTW253 will deliver double the torque of the WT01W.