- Air Compressors
- Air Ratchets and Impact Drivers
- Lawn Mowers
- Other Stuff
- Coffee Grinder Buyers Guide
- KRUPS F203 Spice and Coffee Grinder
- Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill
- Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
- Capresso 560.01 Infinity Black Conical Burr Grinder
- Capresso 565.05 Infinity Stainless Steel Conical Burr Grinder
- Baratza Vario 886 Flat Ceramic Burr Coffee Grinder
- Espresso and Capuccino Machine Buyers Guide
- Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker with Aeroccino Plus Milk Frother
- DeLonghi EC155 Pump Espresso Machine
- Philips Saeco HD8327/47 Poemia Top Espresso Machine
- Saeco HD8325/47 Poemia Class Manual Espresso Machine
- Cuisinart EM-100 Espresso Maker
- Saeco RI9376/04 Aroma Espresso Machine
- Gaggia 14101 Classic Espresso Machine
- Gaggia 12300 Baby Class Manual Espresso Machine
- Gaggia 12101 New Baby Manual Espresso Machine
- Breville BES840XL Infuser Espresso Machine
- Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine
- Rancilio HSD-SILVIA Silvia Espresso Machine
- © 2012 - TrustedToolAdvisor.com
Category Archives: Wrench in a Ratchet form
The most common place to see air powered torque wrenches are in garages and manufacturing/construction sites. These are typically places that are rather constrained in terms of the space that they have to operate in. For example, an auto mechanic will often spend a lot of his time with his head in the engine department of a vehicle.
They will therefore need the right tools for the job and to choose the right tool, there first consideration has to be the space and area that the user had to work in. Air Powered torque wrenches that are in the form of a conventional ratchet allow for those in these industries to have the right size and shape tool for the job. They also have the huge added advantage of being powered from air which arguably makes the usability of air powered torque wrenches shaped like ratchets the best shape and easiest
The Best for Daily Use
The ultimate air powered torque wrench for those that will make full use of the power, the Ingersoll-Rand 109 is the man for the job. Being an Ingersoll-Rand, you will not be let down on the build quality or through reliability issues. It is also the highest performing in this range but is also the most pricey.
The Best Budget Model
For those looking for an air powered torque wrench on a budget, the CP866 is the one that you want. It is made by Chicago which is another bog name in the air powered tools market and is also a well known brand for reliable products. It comes for around half the price of the IR109 but lacks around a quarter in power output when head to head.
The Best Model for Light Use
The best torque wrench in the form of a ratchet that is intended for light use is incredibly made by Ingersoll-Rand. The PF700 is truly a great product for the price. Although it comes with a lower product specification than some of the others in the range, the Power Factor 700 is definitely the best quality of product per dollar!
Ingersoll-Rand PF700 Summary
It’s a lightweight Ingersoll-Rand product
The Ingersoll-Rand PF700 is the cheapest of the air torque wrenches and the cheapest product sold by the brand. This is therefore a budget IR product but puts it in the same price bracket as other brands of air ratchet wrenches. For Ingersoll-Rand to release a product at such a low price shows that the company have ambitions to con
The Specification for the Ingersoll-Rand PF700
- Maximum Torque – 55 lbs/ft
- No load Speed – 160 RPM
- Lightweight at just – 2.6 lbs
- Air consumption of 4 SCFM
Our Perception of the Power Force
This product is for those that want to purchase a tool with the big brand name but pay the price of a corner street tool. It is amazing to see an Ingersoll-Rand product on the open market for just $39.
The PF700 s hugely down on torque and power compared to other in the class but Ingersoll-Rand would certainly not risk selling a product that could potentially damage their reputation by making it weak and un-reliable. Based on this fact, you can be almost certain that the PF700 will be a great tool and will not let you down when you need it.
If you are not bothered about the brand name, the TL1017 is a tool with a lot more umph for the same price.